Monday, December 14, 2015

What I Did Not Know!

So here I am; a few days into this new journey. What a journey it has been. When looking at different blogs in the past I always saw different styles, pages and layouts. That was never an issue for me, what I always looked at was the changes I would make. Now trying to figure this all out has been frustrating, confusing and fun.

I am fortunate to have a mother who also runs a blog. She has been the guiding light as I stumble through the darkness of my new project. In the past she would ask for my opinion on her blog and like normal I would suggest changing this or that. She would usually respond with "it is not as easy as you think it is" that is usually the time I would give her a hard time. Of course with my "know it all" mentality; which my mom would tell anyone I've had since I was a child. Seeing how I know it all my mother would try her best to explain and educate me on the workings of a blog. Those talks usually went in one ear and out another.

I would assume it was a surprise to her when she found out about my blog. Of course my mom being awesome she told me if I needed help figuring this all out, she was there for me. After I got everything setup on this blog; I asked her to look it over. She was happy to help and then called me and asked about going over to her house to work on our blogs together. When I got to her house we both pulled out of laptops and then mom pulled out her notepad and began asking me questions about what I wanted to do with my blog.

After an hour or so of talking she began teaching me things about blogs. I sat and listened (which I'm sure was a big deal for her) while we bounced ideas and goals off each-other. we began fixing little things on my page. A few hours passed by and all the issues with my blog were fixed.

I could not have done it without the help of others.

Thanks Mom.


No comments: